Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The last meeting until they are ready to dig...or one more opportunity to change your mind...again

Well it seems I have been remiss...again... in posting right after our meetings.

We had our last meeting before the pre-construction meeting, I think she called it our 30 day meeting (30 days after we signed the contract I guess).  After the previous meeting with Brittany, our Sales Rep, she sent us home with the electrical diagrams so we could review our light and switch placement.  Basically its the floor plan for the house broken out into different sections.  Each section then has lots of squiggly lines and symbols that are supposed to represent recessed lights, outlets and switches.  I consider myself fairly mechanically inclined (thanks to years of following my father around while he fixed things at every house in the neighborhood) so, once I figured out the different symbols, I was OK, but a key to the symbols in nice bold print would be nice Ryan Homes.

I learned something in this meeting about my lovely wife of 24 years.  She HATES lamps and switched outlets.  Huh, who would have figured.  So given my wife's vehement dislike of all things lamp like, we opted for a boatload of recessed lights.  It's fine with me, one less thing to dust, but changing bulbs will be a bear.  Unless Ryan puts LED's in the recessed lights.  I will pause here for all of you who have a Ryan Home to finish laughing.

Anyway, LED bulbs aside, given the number of recessed lights in the kitchen, hall and great room, the switch panel is going to end up looking something like this.

But you know what they say, "Happy wife, Happy life"

We will have 2 switched outlets however and Susan was just fine with that because they will control an outlets that will be hidden by the crown molding where we can install rope lighting.  Should be cool. 

The 30 day meeting is also one more opportunity to make changes to things like an extra light or outlet outside, a door into the garage or a slop sink in the garage.  It is also a chance to tell them not to install a garage door opener (I don't like the type and brand they use so I will bring my own guy in to install that) and to swap out a tub for a shower (with no door so we can give the dogs a bath) in the basement bathroom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment